Outdoor Warning Siren Activation
The City of Joliet will activate the Outdoor Warning Sirens for the following criteria:
- The City of Joliet is under a Tornado Warning issued by the National Weather Service.
- The City of Joliet is within a Polygon issued by the National Weather Service.
- Sustained Winds greater than 65 MPH are being experienced.
- Tornado Warning: A Tornado has been reported or is highly likely to occur based on Doppler radar signatures.
- Polygon: A specific Location most likely to be effected by Severe Weather.
- 65MPH: This wind speed is on the lower side of an EF “0” Tornado.