No Permits Will Be Issued In An Easement.
These examples below are meant as general guidelines and are subject to final approval by staff.
What you need:
- Plat of Survey
- Cost Estimate
- Plan detailing installation such as slab thickness, fill depth and type of surface material.
- HOA approval (if applicable)
Cost of Permit: $50.00 (for up to $8,000)
A permit is required prior to the installation of any patio.
- A patio is not allowed in any public utility or drainage easement.
- Patios can be placed 3 ft. from property lines, provided that there is no roof structure over the patio.
- When a patio has a roof structure over it, the patio must meet the same setback requirements of a house or accessory structure, as well as meeting the lot coverage limit of 30%.
- Corner Lots: No patios are allowed beyond the 20 ft. side yard corner lot setback.
- All structures (excluding driveways, sidewalks, pools, unroofed decks/patios, & fences) on a lot must cover no more than 30% of the total lot area.
- Whenever a project requires digging please contact JULIE, in advance, at: 1-800-892-0123, to mark underground utility lines.
Note: At two intersecting streets, alleys, and driveways, there are additional requirements that must be met to protect the visibility of automotive traffic, cyclists, and pedestrians.
Joliet City Hall is located at:
150 W. Jefferson St.
Joliet, Il 60432